HeyEggs, My IP Address Is Banned At The Host Servers Fire Wall

SavedByTheBellhorn: The 2nd or 3rd most popular Boston Red Sox Message Board on the internet. Post about the Boston Red Sox, Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics, New England Patriots, and any other mindless crap you can think of - You can also follow us on Twitter @SBTBH
Author
Rockin' the Blueberry Beer Buzz

HeyEggs, My IP Address Is Banned At The Host Servers Fire Wall

#1 Unread postby RondeauxsDryDick » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:23 pm

Can you fix?

eggs
shes always sayi.g shit like "he kepr askinh e to get rid kf it, i told him i.woykdmt put hisname on the birth certificate

Re: HeyEggs, My IP Address Is Banned At The Host Servers Fire Wall

#2 Unread postby eggs » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:43 pm

screen cap what you're seeing.

eggs
shes always sayi.g shit like "he kepr askinh e to get rid kf it, i told him i.woykdmt put hisname on the birth certificate

#3 Unread postby eggs » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:43 pm

please

eggs

#4 Unread postby eggs » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:45 pm

actually, try it now. i think i fixed it.

RondeauxsDryDick

#5 Unread postby RondeauxsDryDick » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:52 pm

I'm in Boston, so I can't test the Cape IP address access, but I will let you know next weekend. It's the error message that references "cpane" whatever that means. In any case, thanks for your help.

eggs

#6 Unread postby eggs » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:00 pm

oh... maybe i didn't fix it. that's actually the server blocking you for some reason

the board is doing all sorts of weird things lately.. i cant right now but i will write a reminder to myself to look into that. just remind me if i forget.

RondeauxsDryDick

#7 Unread postby RondeauxsDryDick » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:03 pm

I think they have some sort of security looking for nefarious activities attacking their servers. They then ban indiscriminately, and let the folks they host sort it out.

eggs

#8 Unread postby eggs » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:20 pm

there actually is all sorts of signs of nefarious activity filling up the server log (not from you.. just in genera i mean... lots of very suspicious activity associated with accounts that haven't been active for a long time)

most it i don't eve know what to make of it....something or someone has been attempting to highjack the board's email function i think. the last time this happened we ended up on a bunch of blacklists and i had to make a bunch of phone calls write a bunchof emails to get off us off the lists... because pretty much exactly what you just aid was happening

prizm
A gay bot programmed to say "lol" and call things "elite"

#9 Unread postby prizm » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:23 pm

I wonder who lol

eggs

#10 Unread postby eggs » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:06 pm

so it appears pwd's problems is directly related to the percent sign error 406 problem

which i'm pretty sure is directly related to the suspicos activity in the error log with the board email

if anyone cares, the error 406 is due to an Apache module called mod_security. This is a module that acts as an Apache firewall – it blocks a lot of the usual routes that people use to hack websites. In particular it scans POST requests ... hose problems occur because of invalid characters or sequence of characters in an HTTP POST.

It appears that mod_security, if configured aggressively, can cause a lot of problems. I assume someone, a hacker or bot... found some sort of backdoor security exploit and is trying to use our board to send out spam emails from webmaster@savedbythebellhorn.com

im going to try to override the firewall settings in the .htaccess file and then deal with the sketchy email problem separately

eggs

#11 Unread postby eggs » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:09 pm

also i'm going to block the country of china.

if anyone is feeling racist, let me know now of any oter countries you don't like or trust

I'M BUILDING A WALL

prizm

#12 Unread postby prizm » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:10 pm

block the state of oregon

phatnols
beetleguise beetleguise beetleguise

#13 Unread postby phatnols » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:18 pm

build the wall build it

Crabby
Beemer Ballin' and Impressin' Zales Employees

#14 Unread postby Crabby » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:22 pm

eggs wrote:so it appears pwd's problems is directly related to the percent sign error 406 problem

which i'm pretty sure is directly related to the suspicos activity in the error log with the board email

if anyone cares, the error 406 is due to an Apache module called mod_security. This is a module that acts as an Apache firewall – it blocks a lot of the usual routes that people use to hack websites. In particular it scans POST requests ... hose problems occur because of invalid characters or sequence of characters in an HTTP POST.

It appears that mod_security, if configured aggressively, can cause a lot of problems. I assume someone, a hacker or bot... found some sort of backdoor security exploit and is trying to use our board to send out spam emails from webmaster@savedbythebellhorn.com

im going to try to override the firewall settings in the .htaccess file and then deal with the sketchy email problem separately

Do you have an .htaccess file in place to block special characters? I didn't see the IP addy PWD posted in the banned IP logs.

eggs

#15 Unread postby eggs » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:13 pm

i'd rathernot say whats in the htaccess file for security reasons. but to answer your specific question, no. mod_security is being triggered in the apache server... they server must have turned it on as high as goes because phpbb sucks and they think our website is a virus on society lol

i'm trying to over-ride the mod_security modle from getting triggered by adding this code to the .htaccess file
<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

but it's not working. i think i need to contact the web host and ask them to change the configration

for some reason it's blocking the percent sign in posts, and PWD's ip address specifically lol..althogh i dont see it in the error log. i don't see any 406 errors either

it's random as fuck lo

i did notice this... im not sre if this was before or after i blocked china... and i have no fucking explanation for why these sites are referring here or why they were trying to access those files..

i'm guessing this might have something to do with the firewall settings beting turned up to high

eggs

#16 Unread postby eggs » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:22 pm

well this is interesting.

our bandwidth usage went from 323.07 MB (MEGABYTES) in September 2018
then 7.46 GB(GIGBYTES) the next month - october 2018
and 5.25 GB this month

soooo... now to find out what caused our bandwidth to jump like 15,000 PERCENT in one month.

eggs

#17 Unread postby eggs » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:22 pm

not being able to type percent signs is getting annoying lol

eggs

#18 Unread postby eggs » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:25 pm

well. fuck this. i'm bored

i'll deal with this some other time.

prizm

#19 Unread postby prizm » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:38 pm

:reddick:

eggs

#20 Unread postby eggs » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:58 pm

prizm wrote::reddick:

look at the yellow circle in the first image of the error log you tart